Accreditation > Extra Benefits
Do you know about the ASA's Accredited Professional Statistician™ Program? Announcing New Benefits!
Are you a PStat® or GStat? Start enjoying additional benefits from the ASA now.
- LearnStat on Demand: FREE to all Accredited Professional Statisticians™
- Joint Statistical Meetings: 20% discount for regular Continuing Education courses.
- Special JSM Recognition: PStat® and GStat designees enjoy a special ribbon designation at all future Joint Statistical Meetings, as well as a special reception at JSM just for PStat® and GStat designees.
- Conference on Statistical Practice: 20% discount for registration and short courses.
Interested in becoming an Accredited Professional Statistician™?
To date, the ASA has accredited over 200 members. Our program is a portfolio-based credential, and is open only to ASA. The program is completely voluntary and intended for those who believe such a credential would be meaningful in their professional lives.
The PStat® designation recognizes:
- Advanced statistical training and knowledge
- Experience in applying statistical expertise competently
- Maintenance of appropriate professional development
- Adherence to the ethical standards of practice
- Ability to communicate effectively