Career Center > Career Resources for Statisticians
External Funding Sources
Federal agencies, Non-profit organizations, and For-profit companies
To receive announcements of funding opportunities, join the ASA Community, Funding Opportunities.
Recent Amstat News articles relating to federal funding:
- Fellowships for Graduate Study, October, 2013.
- Graduate Fellows Discuss Fellowship Experiences, STATtr@k, October, 2013.
- Post-doc Fellowships, Programs, and Opportunities, September, 2013.
- Army Funding Opportunities in Probability and Statistics, Wendy Martinez & Alyson Wilson, May, 2013.
- Tips for Writing a Statistical Analysis Plan, Amy Herring, April, 2013.
- Statistical Research Grants from the NIH, Jeremy Taylor, March 2013.
- NSF Funding Opportunities of the CDS&E-MSS Program, Jia Li, October, 2012
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, Meredith Berthelson and Jennifer Slimowitz Pearl, October, 2012.
- NIJ Looking for a Few Good Statisticians, Gerald LaPorte and David Fialkoff, June, 2012.
- NSF, Census Bureau Announce Research Network, April 2012.
- NSF Announces Education, Training Funding, Gabor Szekely and Nandini Kannan, March 2012.
- A Note from the Director, Division of Mathematical Sciences at NSF, Sastry G. Pantula, March 2011.
- Who Wants to Be a Biostatistician (or Environmental Statistician, or Social Science Statistician, or Ã¢â‚¬Â¦)?, Keith Crank, June, 2010.
- Biostatistics Funding Looking Good at NIH, Keith Crank, April, 2010.
- Biostatistics Funding: Opportunities from NIH, Keith Crank, December, 2009.
- R15: The Academic Research Enhancement Award, Michelle C. Dunn, December, 2009.