Welcome to the home page for the Boston Chapter of the
American Statistical Association.
We serve statisticians from Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- We sponsor students for membership in Mu Sigma Rho, the national
honorary society for statistics. More information is available
- The BCASA newsletters is available
- ASA’s Chapter Chatter is available
- Link to the BCASA Officers is
- Recent Event Updates: ASA President David Morganstein spoke to the Boston Chapter at Simmons College on November 4th. He led a discussion on the importance of communication for statisticians and reviewed his presidential initiatives: Mentoring, JSM Docents, Stat 101 Toolkit, and Stats.org, a Blog on All Things Statistical.
Boston University ASA Student Chapter President Heather Shappell said of the event “It was a pleasure to meet and talk with Dr. Morganstein. He had a lot of great advice for statisticians of this era and insight into the challenges we face as a community. It gave our Student Chapter a lot to think about and we hope to carry the energy and enthusiasm Dr. Morganstein provided back to our members, Boston University, and the greater Boston area as a whole.”
We have events (evening dinner lectures, workshops, and parties)
approximately once a month except in the summer.
See the calendar below for future and past events.