Harvard University Science Center
The 2011 New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports will be
a meeting of statisticians and quantitative analysts connected with
sports teams, sports media, and universities to discuss common problems
of interest in statistical modeling and analysis of sports data.
The symposium format will be a mixture of invited talks,
a poster session, and a panel discussion. Students in particular are
encouraged to submit abstracts; a prize will be awarded to the best
student poster as decided by a panel of judges. The proceedings of
the symposium will be published in a special issue of the
Journal of Quantitative Analysis in
Lecture Hall C
Saturday, September 24, 2011
- Special assistant to the New York Mets general manager
- Former general manager of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Former Director of Player Personnel on the Oakland A's under "Moneyball" General Manager Billy Beane
We are pleased to confirm our afternoon panel discussion on NBA analytics.
- Sam Hinkie - Executive VP of Basketball Operations, Houston Rockets
- Roland Beech - Director of Basketball Analytics, Dallas Mavericks
- Kenny Atkinson - Assistant Coach, New York Knicks
StatDNA Soccer Analytics Research Competition winner:
- Zach Lowe - NBA writer for SI.com, the Sports Illustrated web site
Congratulations to Sarah Rudd of On Football Research and Consulting. She will present
"A framework for tactical analysis and individual offensive
production assessment in soccer using Markov chains"
BECOME A SPONSOR
Follow this link for a list of the benefits of sponsorship.
Please contact Mark Glickman (mg -at- bu.edu),
Scott Evans (evans -at- sdac.harvard.edu), or
Jason Rosenfeld (jwrosenf -at- fas-dot-harvard-dot-edu),
the co-organizers of the symposium, with any questions.
See this web page for information about the 2009 symposium.