May 1, 2013
Registration & Housing Open
May 30, 2013
Early Registration Deadline
May 31 - July 1, 2013
Regular Registration (increased fees apply)
July 1, 2013
July 2 - July 18, 2013
Late Registration (increased fees apply)
July 18, 2013
Advance Registration closes
August 3-8, 2013
Onsite Registration open
Program > Participation Guidelines
Limits on Presentations
The Committee on Meetings, with members drawn from all of the cosponsoring societies, has put into place some guidelines to help encourage a wide and diverse set of presenters. These guidelines are as follows:
Each participant may do up to one (1) activity from each of categories A-I:
- Deliver a main presentation (one of the following):
- Present an invited paper;
- Serve on an invited panel;
- Present a regular or topic contributed paper;
- Present a regular or topic contributed poster;
- Serve as a discussant, panelist, or other presenter in a topic contributed session.
- Chair a session.
- Present an invited poster.
- Present an Introductory Overview Lecture.
- Teach a short course or workshop for the Continuing Education Program.
- Lead a roundtable luncheon or speak at a speaker luncheon.
- Present in a first-time invited memorial session (first time a memorial session has been submitted and designated for a particular deceased person).
- Present in a Late-Breaking session.
- Serve as a discussant in an invited session.
While the above guidelines allow for multiple presenting roles within the JSM program, please note that a person cannot hold multiple roles within one session. In addition, the participation rules do not preclude individuals from being co-authors of as many papers as they wish or from organizing multiple sessions. Only the JSM Program Chair, with ample justification, can grant any exceptions to the above rules.