January 27, 2014
Deadline for special requests for abstract submission/registration for U.S. government agencies
July 2 - July 17, 2014
Late Registration (increased fees apply)
Program > Discussants
- By May 12, 2014 you should receive copies of draft manuscripts from all presenters in your session from the session chair.
- Contact the speakers and/or the session chair to ensure that you get copies of the papers well before the meeting.
- Familiarize yourself with the papers and prepare your discussion.
- Send the Session Chair a brief biographical sketch of yourself.
- Arrive at the meeting room about 10 minutes before the session begins.
- Make sure that the Chair knows you are there.
- If you have not met the other participants, introduce yourself.
- With the Chair's help, be aware of the time available for your remarks.
- Whether you upload your presentation before JSM, upload onsite, or plan to use the switchbox and your own laptop we ask that you check-in at the JSM Speaker Management Room at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled presentation. If you need to rehearse your speech, please do so in the privacy of your own hotel room so that all participants have access to the work room for testing the equipment.
- All presenters can submit their articles for publication in the Proceedings. This does not preclude also publishing in a peer-reviewed journal. Authors retain copyright on papers published in the Proceedings. The JSM 2014 Proceedings will be available by February 2015.
- Prepare about 10 minutes of discussion, and reserve the remainder of your time for impromptu reactions to the presentation.
- Your role is to begin discussion of the paper(s) to stimulate the audience, and to clarify the author's points.
- Prepare a question for each speaker to help if the open discussion begins to lag.