January 17, 2014
Computer Technology Workshop (CTW) proposals are due for consideration for the 2014 program
December 3, 2013 - February 3, 2014
Online submission of abstracts (invited poster, regular and topic contributed abstracts)
March 31 - April 17, 2014
Online Abstract Editing Open
May 1, 2014
Registration & Housing Open
May 12, 2014
Draft Manuscript Deadline
May 29, 2014
Early Registration Deadline
May 30 - July 1, 2014
Regular Registration (increased fees apply)
July 2, 2014
July 2 - July 17, 2014
Late Registration (increased fees apply)
Conference Information > Registration
Join the largest international gathering of statisticians in the world. Each year, the Joint Statistical Meetings offers cutting-edge presenters for five days of technical sessions, luncheons, roundtables, Continuing Education courses, computer technology workshops, and poster sessions. Attendees also enjoy networking during receptions, strolling through the exhibit hall, shopping at the Marketplace, and job-hunting at the Career Placement Service.
General registration for conference attendees and add-on registration for all registrants will open May 1, 2014.
Registration for conference program participants is now open through February 3, 2014To provide the best cohesive program possible, speakers will need to commit to their involvement by registering for JSM prior to submitting their abstract. The registration fee is nonrefundable.
Payment is required at the time of abstract submission and will be associated with the first presenting author listed. Upon successful completion of registration and fee payment, you will automatically receive an emailed confirmation containing a Registration Number. This number will be required for abstract submission. Be sure to provide a valid email address and to set your spam-blocking filters to allow emails sent from addresses containing "@amstat.org".
For those wishing to participate in roundtable discussions, speaker luncheons, continuing education workshops, computer technology workshops, or the Career Placement Center, please return to www.amstat.org/jsmregistration when General Registration opens on May 1, 2014 to add to your registration by logging in with your Registration Number.
We are aware that some government agencies are unable to release funds by the February 3, 2014 abstract submission deadline. In this circumstance, please contact Steve Porzio for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 27, 2014, with the following information:
- Name of agency/department.
- Description of steps taken within your agency/department to secure funding.
- Names of individuals affected.
Meeting Registration Fees
Register early to SAVE MONEY and ensure your selections.
Fees include the program book, Opening Mixer, and Informal Dance Party.
Online access to the 2014 Proceedings (available in early 2015) also is included.
|Member* (ASA, ENAR, WNAR, IMS, SSC, ICSA, IISA, ISBA, KISS, RSS)||$410||$455||$500|
|New ASA Member (includes discounted first-year ASA dues; not available to renewing or recently lapsed members)||$535||$580||$625|
|Student Member* (full-time; certification required)||$95||$95||$95|
|Senior Member* (retired or over age 65)||$175||$175||$175|
|One-Day (onsite only)||-||-||$340|
* Must have an active membership in one of the sponsoring societies and indicate it on your registration where asked.
The ASA reserves the right to adjust member registration types to the nonmember type and charge the difference in rates if stated membership is not currently active. In such an event, you will first be notified and given the opportunity to update your membership.
|Early & Regular||Late|
|Guest (Allows admission to the Sunday Opening Mixer, Tuesday Night Dance Party, and the exhibit hall. Session attendance is not included.)||$50||$50|
|Speaker Luncheons and PM Roundtables||TBD||TBD|
|Early & Regular||Late|
|Computer Technology Workshops||$55||$55||$55||$70||$70||$70|
|Personal Skills Development||Member||Nonmember||Student||Member||Nonmember||Student|
Important Registration Dates
- December 3, 2013 - February 4, 2014: Registration for Participants (those submitting abstracts) is open. Participants must register and pay by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 4, 2014 in order to submit an abstract.
- May 1 - May 30, 2014: Attendee and Add-on Registration opens. Early registration prices apply until 5:00 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2014.
- May 31 - July 1, 2014: Registration continues at Regular prices. Regular registration ends at 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 1, 2014.
- July 2 - 18, 2014: Registration continues at Late registration prices. Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 18, 2014.
- August 3 - 8, 2014: Onsite registration is open in Boston. Late registration prices continue.
Payment must accompany registration. If you are paying by check, you must register by mail. If you are paying by credit card, you may register online, by fax, or by mail. We are unable to accept purchase orders. Do not submit registration materials more than once. Make your check or money order payable to the American Statistical Association in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank.
The ASA Federal ID is #53-0204661.
All cancellations and substitutions must be submitted in writing. Email: email@example.com; Fax: (703) 684-2037; Mail: JSM Registration, ASA, 732 N. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314-1943
Registration fees for participants (speakers/panelists/discussants/chairs/organizers/poster presenters) are nonrefundable. Substitutions may be made at no penalty.
Please check back later for general registration cancellation policy.
Avoid Headaches! Plan Ahead!
- You can expect delays due to heavy volume near registration deadlines. Register early.
- To avoid multiple registrations and charges, only submit your registration ONCE. Please do not fax a registration that you have also submitted by mail.
- Know your organization's reimbursement policies before you register to avoid problems later.
- Payment must accompany registration; purchase orders are not accepted. Registrations received without payment will not be processed.
- Be sure to submit check requests to your organization in sufficient time to meet registration deadlines.
- Using a departmental credit card? Don't forget to obtain permission from the cardholder in advance of registration deadlines. Also, be clear about what you may charge to that card. The JSM Registration Department can assist you if you need to use multiple forms of payment.
If you have questions about registration or require assistance, please contact the JSM Registration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 231-3473. We do not accept registrations by telephone or email.
ASA Emergency Contact for Travel Orders
Associate Executive Director/Director of Operations
American Statistical Association
732 North Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-1943
Phone: (703) 684-1221
Fax: (703) 684-8069