Radiation Research: State of the Science Twenty Years after Chernobyl
June 18-21, 2006 · Monterey, CA
Abstracts will NOT be published in the conference proceedings due to time limitations.
The 2006 ASA Conference on Radiation and Health will feature a poster session on Tuesday June 20, 2006 to allow students, postdoctoral fellows, early career scientists, senior investigators and other investigators to share their work with interested colleagues in an informal and relaxed setting. Poster abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
Abstracts should be prepared according to the instructions below and must be received via e-mail by March 17, 2006.
Please submit your abstracts electronically to Ms. Donna Arrington at email@example.com; Fax and mail submissions will not be accepted.
Instructions for poster abstract submission
- Prepare abstract in MsWord, Wordperfect, or submit in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format
- Include the following information at the top of your abstract, in the sequence listed: title of the presentation, name(s) of author(s) (underline the name of the presenter), and affiliation(s) of the author(s).
- Word limit for body of abstract: 300 words
- Please use a structured format that includes Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
- Please check up to 3 keywords, as applicable from the list below:
- Environmental exposure
- Genetic susceptibility
- Late effects of cancer treatment
- Low dose radiation
- Medical diagnostic exposure
- Non-ionizing radiation
- Occupational exposure
- Public policy
- Radiation physics and dosimetry
- Radiation therapy
- Risk assessment
The deadline for receipt of poster session late-breaker abstracts is May 1,
Late-breaking abstracts selected for poster presentation will be announced on May 15, 2006. Once abstracts are accepted, please register for the conference by May 22, 2006.
Click here for instructions on how to register
- January 23, 2006 - Online Registration & Hotel Reservations
- March 17, 2006 - New Investigator Award Application Deadline
- March 17, 2006 - Poster Session Abstract Submissions Due
- April 17, 2006 - Final Abstracts Due from Speakers for Program
- April 1, 2006 Accepted abstracts for poster session
will be announced
- April 17, 2006 Hotel Reservations Close
- May 1, 2006 - Late-breaking poster session abstracts due
- May 15, 2006 - Accepted late-breaking abstracts for poster session
will be announced
- May 22, 2006 Online Registration Closes