All abstracts will be accepted from January 25, 2010 - March 8, 2010. Fax, mail and email submissions will not be accepted. Only online submissions will be accepted.
Abstracts selected for poster presentation will be announced on April 12, 2010.
All New Investigators will be introduced at the Tuesday Evening Banquet. Travel award winners will be acknowledged and the New Investigator "Best Poster Presenter" will be announced.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please follow the steps below to enter your abstract information.
- Begin: To begin, select "Enter a New Abstract."
- Enter Session Information: Select session type and topic. Next, enter the required information for your session type. Enter the Organizer's name (submitter's name) and email address, abstract title, text and keywords. When finished select "Save and Proceed."
- Enter Authors: Select "Add an Author." Enter the speaking author's contact information (name, affiliation, address, phone number, email address and email type). Be sure to select only one presenting author. Click on the "Save and Proceed" button at the bottom of the page. Add co-authors by selecting the "Add an Author" button. Co-author information may also be edited or removed from the abstract by using the corresponding buttons. When all authors have been added, select "Preview Your Abstract Submission."
- Preview: Review your abstract and author information and select the corresponding "Edit" buttons if needed. Once the abstract is complete, enter a password for your abstract (must be at least six characters) and select "Submit Abstract."
- Confirmation: Print and save the final confirmation screen with your abstract number for your records.
- Below are more specific instructions for Invited Speakers, New Investigators and Poster Abstracts. Please read the specific instructions that pertain to the abstract type you are submitting.
Invited Speakers - More specific submission instructions
When entering your session information in the online submission system, please select the session type "Invited Speaker".
Please click here to view the formatting requirements for Invited Speaker Abstracts. You should provide an extended abstract of approximately four double-spaced pages in length.
Please be sure to submit your speaker abstracts by the due date of March 8, 2010 so that they may be printed in the conference proceedings. Abstract submissions are only being accepted via the online system. This online system will not allow you to submit an abstract past the due date of March 8, 2010.
New Investigators - More specific submission instructions
The 2010 ASA Conference on Radiation and Health is continuing its tradition of honoring New Investigators.
When entering your session information in the online submission system, please select the session type "New Investigator". Please be sure to print and save your abstract number, as you will need to reference this number to complete your abstract submission. New Investigator abstract submissions are to be no longer than 300 words.
Those individuals who submit an abstract for the New Investigator Award must also submit the supplemental New Investigator Award Application. Please click here to download the supplemental New Investigator Award Application. This application is due to Lisette Werbowetzki of the ASA Meetings Department by March 8, 2010 via email at email@example.com .
Posters - More specific submission instructions
The 2010 ASA Conference on Radiation and Health will feature a poster session on Tuesday June 15, 2010 to allow students, postdoctoral fellows, early career scientists, senior investigators and other investigators to share their work with interested colleagues in an informal and relaxed setting.
When entering your session information in the online submission system, please select the session type "Poster Abstract". Poster abstract submissions are to be no longer than 300 words.
If you experience any problems using the above online abstract submission system, or have questions regarding it, please contact one of the following individuals:
ASA Meetings Department
Phone: 703-684-1221 ext. 1875
Alice Sigurdson, Co-Chair, Radiation and Health Planning Committee
Radiation Epidemiology Branch
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI, NIH
Dan Stram, Co-Chair, Radiation and Health Planning Committee
University of Southern California
Preventive Medicine Department
Phone: (323) 442-1817