Statisticians in the News
News agencies across the globe are reporting on statistics, on important developments in the fields of statistical application and how statisticians are contributing in the areas of scientific advancement, discovery and innovation. The following are a small sampling of these articles:
- Figuring the Odds of Earth's Global Hot Streak
- Statisticians Find Odds of 2014 Hot Streak Not Likely
- That Elusive Data Scientist Might be Right Under Your Nose
- Hyped or Annoying, Big Data is Here to Stay in 2015: Survey
- Hilary Mason on Taking Big Data From Theory to Reality
- Li Named Verne M. Willaman Professor of Statistics
- RSS President Peter Diggle: Statistician or Statistical Scientist?
- Top 10 IT Skills in Demand for 2015
- Data and Science Don't Necessarily Make a Good Data Scientist
- A Statistician's View on Data and Data Science
- Colleagues, family remember a statistical giant
- Women Flocking to Statistics, the Newly Hot, High-Tech Field of Data Science
- The 25 Hottest Skills That Got People Hired in 2014
- The Superfans Using Stats To Get To The Bottom Of 'Serial'
- Columbia Journalism School Tries to Make That $92933 Price Tag Worth It
- Statisticians in World War II; They Also Served
- Statistical Model May Enable More Targeted Therapies
- ASU Statistician Tapped to Help Strengthen Forensic Science
- What Everyone Should Know About Statistical Correlation
- MIT Collaborates with New York City Public Schools for Data Literacy Project
- What will happen to big data and data science in 2015?
- Three tips for Becoming a Data Scientist