Support of Research Budgets at NSF and NIH
The ASA actively supports the budgets for NSF and NIH through many channels, including work with other stakeholders, the ASA Board, and others:
- The many letters ASA has organized, signed and/or sent on these topics.
- Active participation in the Coalition for National Science Funding (CNSF) and the CNSF Annual CNSF Capitol Hill Exhibition: ASA Participates in Capitol Hill Event Highlighting NSF-Funded Research, ASA Takes Part in Annual Capitol Hill Exhibition, Making the Case for the National Science Foundation, ASA Participates in Capitol Hill Event Supporting NSF, Congress Views Results of NSF-Funded Research Projects
- Active involvement in Ad Hoc Group for Medical Research, a coalition that supports the NIH budget.
- Amstat News articles on NSF and NIH: NIH, NSF, Statistical Agencies Receive Final FY14 Budgets, FY14 Budget Request for NIH, NSF, and Statistical Agencies, Congress Finalizes FY13 Budgets.
- Blog entries at the ASA Community on NSF and NIH (e.g., FY14 NSF and NIH Budget Developments, FY15 NSF and NIH Budget Developments, The ASA Recommends Chief Statistical Scientist at NSFhe ASA Recommends Chief Statistical Scientist at NSF)