Section on Nonparametric Statistics
The objective of this section is to provide a forum for Association members with interests in flexible statistical methods that make only minimal assumptions on the underlying population or modeling structure. Focus areas include, but are not limited to, distribution free, nonparametric and semiparametric methods, and methods for high-dimensional and functional data. The section embraces the myriad of methodologies, philosophies and applications that comprise contemporary nonparametric statistics, seeks to promote research, education and training in them and to build cooperative relationships within and outside the ASA with those who have interest in nonparametrics.
2013 is the International Year of Statistics.
- The Nonparametric Statistics Section, ASA, is proud to be one of over 410 participating organizations for the International Year of Statistics.
- International Year of Statistics latest newsletter.
- International Year of Statistics past newsletters.
- The goals of the International Year of Statistics (also known as Statistics 2013) include the following:
- Increasing public awareness of the power and effect of statistics on all aspects of society
- Nurturing statistics as a profession, especially among young people
- Promoting creativity and development in the sciences of probability and statistics
2012 ASA annual fund donation appeal letter
The 9th conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics
- The conference will be held in Amsterdam, June 10-14, 2013.
- The program committee invites submissions for contributed talks and posters from any area of Bayesian nonparametrics and related topics.
- Please submit before October via BNP9 website.