Section on Nonparametric Statistics
The objective of this section is to provide a forum for Association members with interests in flexible statistical methods that make only minimal assumptions on the underlying population or modeling structure. Focus areas include, but are not limited to, distribution free, nonparametric and semiparametric methods, and methods for high-dimensional and functional data. The section embraces the myriad of methodologies, philosophies and applications that comprise contemporary nonparametric statistics, seeks to promote research, education and training in them and to build cooperative relationships within and outside the ASA with those who have interest in nonparametrics.
- Here is the 2014 finalist for student best paper award.Congratulations to the award winners for their accomplishments!
The Section on Nonparametric Statistics thanks the award committee chair John Staudenmayer and all the referees for their excellent job in evaluating and selecting the papers.
2013 is the International Year of Statistics.
- The Nonparametric Statistics Section, ASA, is proud to be one of over 410 participating organizations for the International Year of Statistics.
- International Year of Statistics latest newsletter.
- International Year of Statistics past newsletters.
- The goals of the International Year of Statistics (also known as Statistics 2013) include the following:
- Increasing public awareness of the power and effect of statistics on all aspects of society
- Nurturing statistics as a profession, especially among young people
- Promoting creativity and development in the sciences of probability and statistics