Section on Nonparametric Statistics
ASA Nonparametric Statistics Section Student Paper Awards
Student Paper Awards Application Announcements
2013 Award Application Announcement, JSM at Montreal, Candada.
2012 Award Application Announcement, JSM at San Diego, CA.
2011 Award Application Announcement, JSM at Miami Beach, FL.
Student Paper Award Winners
2012 Student Paper Award Winners
- Seonjin Kim, Penn State University,"Quantile Regression for Time-Varying Coefficient Longitudinal Model".
- Chen-Yen Lin, NC State University, "Variable Selection for Nonparametric Quantile Regression via Smoothing Spline ANOVA".
- Xianyang Zhang, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, "Two-Sample Inference for Temporally Dependent Functional Data".
2011 Student Paper Award Winners
- Raymond K. W. Wong, University of California at Davis, "Robust Estimation of Generalized Additive Models".
- Gongjun Xu, Columbia University, "A General Framework for Sequential and Adaptive Methods in Survival Studies".
- Qing Wang, Penn State University, "Topics in U-statistics and Risk Estimation".
2010 Student Paper Award Winners
- Yeojin Chung, Penn State University.
- Kai Ding, University of North Carolina.
- Subhadeep Mukhopadhyay, Texas A&M University.
Journal of Nonparametric Statistics (JNPS) Paper Awards
2011 JNPS Best Paper Award winners
- Melanie Birke, Holger Dette, and Kristin Stahljans, "Testing symmetry of a nonparametric bivariate regression function", published in volume 23.2, 2011, 547-565.
- Taeryon Choi, Jian Q. Shi, and Bo Wang, "A Gaussian process regression approach to a single-index model", published in volume 23.1, 2011, 21-36.
2011 JNPS Best Student Paper Award winner
- Samis Trevezas and Nikolaos Limnios, "Exact MLE and asymptotic properties for nonparametric semi-Markov Models", published in volume 23.3, 2011, 719-739.
2010 JNPS Best Paper Award
- Raymond J. Carroll, Xiaohong Chen and Yingyao Hu, "Identification and inference in nonlinear models using two samples with nonclassical measurement errors".