- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend Joint Statistical Meetings 2016 is now available. Approximately 6 awards will be granted to cover conference expenses up to $800, a one-year student membership in ASA and SRMS, and attendance at one half-day JSM continuing education course of your choosing.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner.
- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce 2015 student paper competition. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings August 8-13, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of $800 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2015 expenses. Applications must be received by 5 PM EST, December 15, 2014.
- Check out the July 2014 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- The SRMS 2015 Election Results
- Section Chair Elect: Elaine Zanutto, Naxion Research and Consulting
- Program Chair Elect: Tom Krenzke, Westat
- Secretary : Rachel A. Caspar, RTI International
- Council of Sections Representative: Julia Soulakova, University of Nebraksa, Lincoln
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2014) is now available.
- ASA fellows for 2015 are:
- Kennon R. Copeland, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Jill A. Dever, RTI International
- Ofer Harel, University of Connecticut
- Timothy Johnson, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Peter V. Miller, US Census Bureau
- Frank J. Potter, Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Diane K. Willimack, US Census Bureau
- To become a member of the SRMS, you must be a member of the ASA. When applying for the ASA membership, select “Survey Research Methods” from the “Choose Your Section(s)” list. If you are already a member of the ASA, then login to your member’s only page and click the “Add Additional Chapter or Section” button.