- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend Joint Statistical Meetings 2016 is now available. Approximately 6 awards will be granted to cover conference expenses up to $800, a one-year student membership in ASA and SRMS, and attendance at one half-day JSM continuing education course of your choosing.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner.
- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce 2015 student paper competition. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings August 8-13, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of $800 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2015 expenses. Applications must be received by 5 PM EST, December 15, 2014.
- Check out the July 2015 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- The SRMS 2015 Election Results
- Section Chair Elect: Elaine Zanutto, Naxion Research and Consulting
- Program Chair Elect: Tom Krenzke, Westat
- Secretary : Rachel A. Caspar, RTI International
- Council of Sections Representative: Julia Soulakova, University of Nebraksa, Lincoln
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2014) is now available.
- ASA fellows for 2015 are:
- Kennon R. Copeland, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Jill A. Dever, RTI International
- Ofer Harel, University of Connecticut
- Timothy Johnson, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Peter V. Miller, US Census Bureau
- Frank J. Potter, Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Diane K. Willimack, US Census Bureau
- To become a member of the SRMS, you must be a member of the ASA. When applying for the ASA membership, select “Survey Research Methods” from the “Choose Your Section(s)” list. If you are already a member of the ASA, then login to your member’s only page and click the “Add Additional Chapter or Section” button.
First Latin American International Statistical Institute Satellite Meeting on Small Area Estimation
August 3 - August 5, 2015, Santiago, Chile.
Joint Statistical Meetings 2015
August 8 - August 13, 2015, Seattle, Washington.
2015 International Total Survey Error Conference
September 19 - September 22, 2015, Baltimore, Maryland.
Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys
June 20 - June 23, 2016, Geneva, Switzerland.