Section on Statistical Education
Responsibilities of the Executive Committee
- You are invited to attend the Section’s Executive Committee meeting at JSM the year BEFORE your term is to begin. You are not a voting member at this meeting; however, one gets an understanding of the Executive Committee before your term begins. It is suggested that you attend.
- Attend the Section’s Executive Committee meeting at each JSM during your three-year term.
- You can bring new initiatives to the Executive Committee for consideration.
- Participate in e-mail discussions during the year between JSMs. Much of the Executive Committee’s business is conducted through e-mail. You will be asked your opinion on matters, as well as to vote on things.
Suggestions from past members-at-large:
- Your three-year term will be over before you realize it. When attending the "pre-term" Executive Committee meeting, try to find some need/project/etc. that you can work on during your three-year term.
- Review the agenda for the Executive Committee meeting before attending JSM. While at JSM, you can gather opinions or talk with people (Executive Committee members and Section members) before the Executive Committee meeting. Find out what Section members are thinking.
Suggestions of projects to consider (list compiled 2006):
- The Statistics Education Booth at JSM.
- Ways to encourage more poster participation. Perhaps create an award similar to the contributed paper award.
- Help with the new instructor mentoring program.
- Anything that publicizes the Section and ASA.
Section on Statistical Education Home Page.