Section on Statistical Education
Responsibilities of the Newsletter Editor
- Prepare the newsletter to be posted on the Stat Ed Section website twice a year -- March and September.
- For each issue, several weeks in advance ask for the following contributions. Send reminders to those who promise to submit and may forget!
- Letter from the Section chair
- Report from the current and future program chairs
- Report from AP chief reader
- Report from CAUSE director and related CAUSE projects (e.g., USCOTS)
- Report from ACTE chair
- Any relevant items or reports from related committees (AMATYC, MAA/ASA Joint Committees, ASA/NCTM joint committees)
- Other stat ed items that have been announced at meetings or on the internet that may be of interest to Section members
- Any relevant items or reports from IASE or other international groups
- For the September issue, award winners from the recent JSM
- Ask Stat Ed Executive Committee members if they know of other items or announcements to include in the forthcoming newsletter.
- Assemble the reports with authors' names and contact information.
- Include photos if available.
- Send assembled draft newsletters and photos to co-editor to help edit, mark up and post to website.
- Have Section chair send an announcement to the Section members when the newsletter is finalized and posted.
Section on Statistical Education Home Page.