Newsletter for the Section on Statistical Education
Volume 1, Number 2 (Summer 1995)
We especially want the invited paper sessions to cover topics of interest to our membership, so we invite you to offer suggestions both for topics and for possible speakers. Ideas that are being considered so far include:
* Authentic Assessments of Students' Learning in Statistics
* Software for Learning (and not just for Doing) Statistics
* Teaching Bayesian Statistics for Undergraduates
* Statistics Programs at Four-Year Colleges
* Evaluating Statistics Education Reform Projects
Feel free to comment on these ideas as well as to suggest additional topics and possible speakers. The topics for the invited paper sessions must be chosen by August, so please share your ideas with Allan Rossman, 1996 Program Chair (address below) as soon as possible.
We also urge you to begin thinking about contributed paper presentations that you might give or encourage colleagues to propose.
Thanks in advance for whatever suggestions you might share. For further information please contact
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Carlisle PA 17013-2896
Phone: (717) 245-1668