Section on Statistical Education
- Improve formal working relationship with ASA in general; specific examples might include:
- CSE Website, as an example of disseminating information
- Visiting lecture program, as an example of improving the pipeline
- Find/provide funding, in collaboration with other groups, for
statistics education initiatives including seeking external sponsors
- Work to increase the recognition of the value of statistics education work at academic institutions
- Increase involvement of members in the development of state standards and curricula
- Increase professional development opportunities for section
members; increase outreach to, and professional development for, 2-year
college instructors and non-statistician statistics teachers; an added
benefit is that this likely will lead to increasing membership in the
section, especially from non- and under-represented groups such as high
school teachers, 2-year college teachers and graduate students.
- Improve dissemination of teaching related resources, research findings and professional development and funding opportunities.
- Facilitate a wide range of opportunities for people to
participate in statistics education activities, including those whose
primary responsibility is outside statistics education and those who
can afford only a minor time commitment.
Section on Statistical Education Home Page.