Welcome to the website for the ASA Section on Statistics in Marketing. The mission of this section is to foster the development and application of innovative statistic methodologies for the resolution of substantive decisions problems in marketing. The scope includes theoretical, methodological, empirical and applied research oriented toward the practice of marketing. The section encourages the cooperation between academics and marketing managers to advance statistical science in marketing and stimulate research.
- Congratulations to the winner of the 2010 JSM PhD Travel grant: Daria Dzyabura (MIT)
- Minutes of ASA Section on Marketing and Statistics at the JSM
- Congratulations to the winners of our 2009 PhD travel grant (in alphabetical order): Brian Hartmann (Texas A&M University), Ka Lok Lee (Wharton), and Elina Tang (University of Missouri-Columbia)
- Applications for the 2011 JSM PhD Travel grant should be submitted to Oded Netzer (email@example.com) before 12/05/2010.
PHD TRAVEL AWARD
Each year, the Section on Statistics in Marketing of the American Statistical Association awards up to three grants to PhD students who wish to attend the Joint Statistical Meeting. Each grant recipient receives free registration for the conference as well as up to $600 in travel subsidy. Recipients present their work at the conference in a special session. Any doctoral student conducting research related to Statistics and Marketing is eligible for the grant, irrespective of his or her primary field of research or affiliation.
Interested students should submit the following documents:
- A CV.
- An abstract of the paper to be presented at the JSM.
- A short cover letter (one or two pages) written by the applicant explaining his or her motivation for attending the conference.
- A letter of recommendation from the student's Faculty advisor.
Applications should be submitted to Oded Netzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12/05/2010. The recipients of the award will be notified by January 15, 2011, and be recognized at the JSM conference.
2011 Joint Statistical Meetings
Date: July 30 - August 4, 2011
Place: Miami Beach, Florida
Deadline for submissions: February 1, 2011.