- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend Joint Statistical Meetings 2016 is now available. Approximately 6 awards will be granted to cover conference expenses up to $800, a one-year student membership in ASA and SRMS, and attendance at one half-day JSM continuing education course of your choosing.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner.
- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce 2016 student paper competition. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings July 30 through August 4, 2016 at the McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of $800 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2016 expenses. Applications must be received by 5 PM EST, December 15, 2015.
- Application for the Edward C. Bryant Scholarship is now available. Each year, an outstanding graduate student in survey statistics is awarded the Edward C. Bryant Scholarship to help support the student's graduate education. Application deadline is March 1, 2016. The award will be presented at the 2016 Joint Statistical Meetings.
- Check out the January 2016 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- The SRMS 2015 Election Results
- Section Chair Elect: Elaine Zanutto, Naxion Research and Consulting
- Program Chair Elect: Tom Krenzke, Westat
- Secretary : Rachel A. Caspar, RTI International
- Council of Sections Representative: Julia Soulakova, University of Nebraksa, Lincoln
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2015) is now available.
- ASA fellows for 2016 are:
- Paul C. Beatty
- Jonaki Bose
- Rachel M. Harter
- Ruth Ann Killion
- Renee H. Miller
- Van L. Parsons
- Michael D. Sinclair
- To become a member of the SRMS, you must be a member of the ASA. When applying for the ASA membership, select “Survey Research Methods” from the “Choose Your Section(s)” list. If you are already a member of the ASA, then login to your member’s only page and click the “Add Additional Chapter or Section” button.