- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend Joint Statistical Meetings 2016 is now available. Approximately 6 awards will be granted to cover conference expenses up to $800, a one-year student membership in ASA and SRMS, and attendance at one half-day JSM continuing education course of your choosing.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner.
- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce 2015 student paper competition. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings August 8-13, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of $800 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2015 expenses. Applications must be received by 5 PM EST, December 15, 2014.
- Check out the July 2014 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- The SRMS 2014 Election Results
- Section Chair Elect: Michael Larsen, The George Washington University
- Program Chair Elect: Yan Li, University of Maryland
- Treasurer : Michael P. Cohen, American Institutes for Research
- Publications Officer : Trent Buskirk, Marketing Systems Group and Saint Louis University
- Education Officer : Stas Kolenikov, Abt SRBI
- Council of Sections Representative: Howard Hogan, U.S. Census Bureau
- Proposed Charter Revisions: Approved
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2013) is now available.
- The American Association for Public Opinion Research, the American Statistical Association, and publisher Oxford University Press invite nominations and applications for the position of Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology (JSSAM). The deadline for nominations is December 9, 2014.
- A group of faculty involved in the various grad programs in survey statistics and methodology at American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) assembled a list of "Universities and Colleges with Degree Programs in Survey Methodology."