- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce a competition for student and post-graduate papers. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings August 3-8, 2013 at the Palais des congrès de Montréal. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of $800 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2013 expenses.
- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend Joint Statistical Meetings 2013 is now available. Approximately 3 awards will be granted to cover conference expenses up to $600.
- Check out the January 2013 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner. For 2013, separate awards will be given for posters in the SPEED sessions and for posters in the non-SPEED contributed sessions.
- The SRMS 2012 Election Results
- Section Chair Elect: Phillip S. Kott , RTI International
- Program Chair Elect: Karol Krotki , RTI International
- Treasurer : Jill A. Dever , RTI International
- Publications Officer : John Finamore , National Science Foundation
- Education Officer : Marilyn Seastrom , National Center for Education Statistics
- Council of Sections Representative: Jeffrey Gonzalez , Bureau of Labor Statistics
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2011) is now available.
A group of faculty
involved in the various grad
programs in survey statistics
and methodology at American
Association for Public Opinion
Research (AAPOR) assembled a list
"Universities and Colleges with
Degree Programs in Survey
Graybill Conference on Survey Statistics
June 9 - June 12, 2013, Ft. Collins, Colorado.
- Third Italian Conference on Survey Methodology (ITACOSM2013)
June 26 - June 28, Milan, Italy.
Joint Statistical Meetings 2013
August 3 - August 8, 2013, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
The First Asian ISI Satellite Meeting on Small Area Estimation
September 1 - September 4, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference
November 4 - November 6, 2013, Washington, DC.