Student Paper Competition/Travel Award to Attend the Joint Statistical Meetings
The following general policies and procedures apply to all ASA section competitions (see individual sections below for further applicable instructions by section):
- All materials must be received by the Section by December 15. Some sections have earlier deadlines so check each section's website for dates.
- Winners will be notified by January 15.
- Competition winners must submit abstracts and register for JSM through the official JSM abstract submission system by the deadline.
- Students may submit papers to no more than two sections and may accept only one section's award. Students must inform both sections applied to when he or she wins and accepts an award, thereby removing the student from the award competition for the second section.
- Students planning to participate in section competitions must adhere to the eligibility, paper format, submission process, and other requirements of the sections to which they are applying.
Specific instructions for each Section:
Bayesian Statistical Science
Business and Economic Statistics
Health Policy Statistics
Statistics in Imaging
Statistical Learning and Data Mining
Statistics and the Environment
Statistics in Epidemiology
Statistics in Marketing
Survey Research Methods