Accreditation > Extra Benefits
Do you know about the ASA's Accredited Professional Statistician™ Program? Announcing New Benefits!
Are you a PStat® or GStat? Start enjoying additional benefits from the ASA now.
- Joint Statistical Meetings, Conference on Statistical Practice, and Women in Statistics
and Data Science: 20% discount for continuing education courses
- Special Recognition: PStat® and GStat designees enjoy a special ribbon designation at all JSM, CSP, and WSDS meetings, as well as a special reception at JSM
Interested in becoming an Accredited Professional Statistician™?
To date, the ASA has accredited over 200 members. Our program is a portfolio-based credential, and is open only to ASA. The program is completely voluntary and intended for those who believe such a credential would be meaningful in their professional lives.
The PStat® designation recognizes:
- Advanced statistical training and knowledge
- Experience in applying statistical expertise competently
- Maintenance of appropriate professional development
- Adherence to the ethical standards of practice
- Ability to communicate effectively