Welcome to the home page for the Boston Chapter of the
American Statistical Association.
We serve statisticians from Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- We sponsor students for membership in Mu Sigma Rho, the national
honorary society for statistics. More information is available
- The BCASA newsletters is available
- ASA’s Chapter Chatter is available
- Link to the BCASA Officers is
- Recent Event Updates:
The Future of Clinical Trials: A Panel Discussion
The Boston Chapter of the ASA hosted a panel discussion on the future of clinical trials at the Kendall Square Marriott in Cambridge MA on March 23rd. The evening started with a light dinner followed by a panel discussion. The panelists were:
- Ralph D’Agostino, Boston University
- Patrick Marquis, Modus Outcomes.
- Cyrus Mehta, Cytel Inc.
- Bob O’Neill, FDA
- Marc Pfeffer, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- David Schoenfeld, Massachusetts General Hospital
Scott Evans of Harvard University moderated the event. Discussion topics included: personalized medicine, clinical trial master protocols, orphan drug development, adaptive trial designs, optimizing endpoints to meet the trial objectives, and patient reported outcomes.
From left to right Ralph D’Agostino, Marc Pfeffer, Bob O’Neill, Patrick Marquis, David Schoenfeld, Cyrus Mehta, and Scott Evans.
We have events (evening dinner lectures, workshops, and parties)
approximately once a month except in the summer.
See the calendar below for future and past events.