ASA/National Lab Day Resource Page
President Obama announced the establishment of National Lab Day, a nationwide movement to bring together stakeholders in communities of support where science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) professionals and teachers work together to provide high-quality, hands-on, discovery-based lab experiences for students. ASA is participating in this program and offers ways for members to become involved in their communities.
Involvement could include;
- Assisting students and teachers with the ASA poster and project competitions
- Identifying useful resources and publications from the K-12 education portion of the ASA site
- ASA career center and other sources
- Assisting with science fairs
- Mentoring students and teachers
- Providing internship opportunities
- Donating materials
- Assisting with lesson plans
- Implementing hands-on projects
National Lab Day: Take a look at the fantastic YouTube video below created specifically for the STEM community. The video does a great job of explaining NLD and includes clips from President Obama and OSTP Director John Holdren.
We urge you to visit http://www.nationallabday.org/groups/asa to join us in this new initiative as one step to bringing STEM education to the center of attention in the community.