ASA: Promoting the Practice and Profession of Statistics®
The American Statistical Association is the world’s largest community of statisticians, the “Big Tent for Statistics.” It is the second-oldest, continuously operating professional association in the country. Since it was founded in Boston in 1839, the ASA has supported excellence in the development, application, and dissemination of statistical science through meetings, publications, membership services, education, accreditation, and advocacy.
Our members serve in industry, government, and academia in more than 90 countries, advancing research and promoting sound statistical practice to inform public policy and improve human welfare.
To be a world leader in promoting statistical practice, applications, and research; publishing statistical journals; improving statistical education; and advancing the statistics profession
- Support excellence in statistical practice, research, journals, and meetings
- Work for the improvement of statistical education at all levels
- Promote the proper application of statistics
- Anticipate and meet the needs of our members
- Use our discipline to enhance human welfare
- Seek opportunities to advance the statistics profession