Nominations Sought for the Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award
The ASA is accepting nominations for its 2015 Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award (ESRA). ESRA honors reporters who display an informed interest in statistical science and its role in public life through their work. ASA members can nominate a reporter for the honor. Award criteria, submission instructions and a nomination form are available on the ASA website. The nomination deadline is March 1.
JSM 2015 Abstract Submission Open
Now accepting abstracts for papers, posters, and speed sessions for JSM 2015. Don't miss your chance to be part of the program. Submit an abstract today!
ISI is a JSM Special Partner
Starting in 2015, the International Statistical Institute (ISI) will become a special partner of the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM). JSM is the largest annual meeting of statisticians in North America. ISI joins the Royal Statistical Society, International Chinese Statistical Association, International Indian Statistical Association, Korean International Statistical Society, and International Society for Bayesian Analysis as a JSM special partner. Through this arrangement, ISI members and ISI association members will receive reduced member registration rates. JSM 2015 will be held August 8-13 in Seattle, Washington.
The American Statistical Association seeks editors for the following journals:
- Journal of the American Statistical Association, Applications and Case Studies
- Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics - Nominations and applications should be sent to JABES@biometricsociety.org.
- Journal of Business & Economic Statistics
- Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
- Journal of Nonparametric Statistics
- Journal of Statistics Education
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
- Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
Except for JABES, applications for all editorships should be sent to email@example.com.
Registration for CSP 2015 Now Open!
The 4th Annual ASA Conference on Statistical Practice will continue the conference's focus on opportunities for attendees to learn new statistical methodologies and best practices in statistical analysis, design, consulting and statistical programming. The conference will also allow attendees to further their career development and to strengthen relationships in the statistical community. Join us for short courses, poster sessions, concurrent sessions, exhibits, and tutorials. Register today!
Winner of Free ASA Membership
Congratulations to Elisha Cohen, winner of the November drawing for FREE ASA membership.
Other Recent Headlines
2015 Statistics in Imaging Student Paper Competition
The Statistics in Imaging Section of the ASA is pleased to sponsor a student paper competition for the 2015 Joint Statistical Meetings. Students are encouraged to submit a paper on statistical methods, theory or software development for the analysis of imaging data. The selected winners will present their papers in a topic-contributed session at the Joint Statistical Meetings, August 8-13, 2015, in Seattle, WA. The winners will receive a certificate and the first place winner will receive a cash prize of $500. To be eligible, the student has to be a degree candidate at an accredited institution during 2014, and the first author of the paper. Click here for additional information.
Nominations Sought for 2015 Don Owen Award
The San Antonio Chapter is accepting nominations from ASA chapters in North America for the 2015 Don Owen Award, which is presented to a statistician who embodies the three-fold accomplishments of Donald B. Owen: excellence in research, statistical consultation, and service to the statistical community. Read more...
ASA Now Accepting Nominations for 2015 Fellows and Awards
We believe it is important to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions in the field of statistics. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for an ASA award or Fellow. Information about ASA awards.
ASA Currently Accepting Nominations for the 2015 Noether Lecturers
Please consider nominating a colleague for the prestigious lectures that honor the life and work of Gottfried E. Noether. Awardees will give the lectures at the Joint Statistical Meetings and receive a cash prize and engraved award. Details can be found here.
Follow Us On:
Statisticians in the News
- Did Big Data Kill the Statistician?
- Google funding "artificial intelligence for data science"
- Marvin Zelen, famous for Woburn study, passes
- Why We Don't Know Real U.S. Ebola Mortality Rate
- Star Statistician Hans Rosling Takes On Ebola
- HackEbola at UMass aids fight against epidemic
- Jim Goodnight: SAS CEO, Statistician
- The Skills Needed to Be a Data Scientist
- Fight on to retain ASC question about college degrees
- With Big Data Comes Big Responsibility
- For science, impact of Republican control may be muted
- Hundreds of Police Killings Uncounted in Federal Stats
- Elementary schools start teaching data literacy
- Statistician: Christmas starting earlier
- A Botched Study Raises Bigger Questions
- Think Your Nutrition Study Looks Good?
8th International Conference of IMBIC on
International Conference on Applied Statistics (ICAS) 2014
12th Workshop on Stochastic Models, Statistics and Their Applications
SAMSI Undergraduate Workshop
RTP, North Carolina