University of Virginia’s Karen Kafadar Elected ASA President
The membership has voted, and it elected Karen Kafadar, chair and commonwealth professor in the department of statistics at the University of Virginia, as the 114th president of the American Statistical Association. Before she takes office as president
on January 1, 2019, she will serve as president-elect, beginning January 1, 2018.
In addition to electing Kafadar, members also voted in Katherine Monti, former chief statistical scientist at Rho, as vice president. Monti’s term also begins January 1, 2018.
The ASA membership also elected the following:
- Katherine Halvorsen of Smith College as the Council of Sections Representative to the ASA Board
- Don Jang of NORC at the University of Chicago as the Council of Chapters Representative to the ASA Board
- Scott Evans of Harvard University as the Publications Representative to the ASA Board
- Natalie Rotelli of Eli Lilly and Company as chair-elect of the Council of Sections Governing Board
- Isaac Nuamah of Janssen R&D as chair-elect of the Council of Chapters Governing Board