Mathematics and Statistics Awareness Month
Virtual Science Fair
Celebrate Mathematics and Statistics Awareness Month by thinking statistically! Show off your skills and knowledge by participating in our virtual science fair. Working independently or as a member of a team, spend the month investigating an interesting topic and submit a short video highlighting your process and results.
What Students Do:
- Formulate a question about a topic about which you are curious
- Design a plan to collect appropriate data to help you answer the question
- Use your plan to collect the data
- Use appropriate graphical and numerical methods to analyze your data
- Interpret your analysis and answer your original question
- Create a 3- 5-minute video showcasing your process and results
- Write a short essay outlining your process and your analysis to accompany your video
Individuals or Teams:
- The science fair is open to any student in grades K–12. Homeschoolers may participate.
- There are three grade categories: K–4, 5–8, 9–12.
- In each category, projects may be submitted by individuals or teams composed of 2–3 students. All the students on a team must be in the same grade category.
What Teachers, Parents, or Sponsors Do:
- Submit this form to register your student or team for the virtual science fair.
- Assist your student or team in the final submission of the video and essay.
- Registration and video and essay submission due by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 1, 2020.
- Winners notified by July 1, 2020.
$50 gift card for each team member, a certificate, and an ASA goodie bag.
$25 gift card for each team member, a certificate, and an ASA goodie bag.
$10 gift card for each team member, a certificate, and an ASA goodie bag.
- All projects must be the original work of the student or students.
- The content must be appropriate for a public school and conform to any individual school policies.
- The decisions of the judges are final.