Committees > Committee Details
Joint Committee on Women in the Mathematical Sciences
Visit the Joint Committee on Women in the Mathematical Sciences home page
The Joint Committee on Women in the Mathematical Sciences (JCW), founded in 1971 as a committee of the American Mathematical Society (AMS), is now a joint committee of seven mathematical and statistical societies:
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
The charge of the JCW is to identify mechanisms for the enhancement of opportunities for women in the mathematical and statistical sciences, recommend actions to the governing bodies of the member societies in support of these opportunities, and document its recommendations by presenting data.
Buckingham, Janet P.
26810 Autumn Glen
Boerne, TX 78006
ASA Rep to Other Organization (2013 - 2016)
Roberson, Paula K.
Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 West Markham Slot 781
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone: (501) 526-6726
Fax: (501) 526-6729
ASA Rep to Other Organization (2011 - 2017)
|Return to List of Committees.|