American Statistical Association
Department Chairs Workshop
June 21–22, 2018, ASA Headquarters, Alexandria, VA
Agenda, Participant List, Resources
The workshop organizing committee members are the following:
- Leslie McClure, workshop co-chair; Chair, 2018-2019 Chair, Caucus of Academic Representatives; Chair, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Drexel University
- Robert Strawderman, workshop co-chair, 2017-2018 Chair, Caucus of Academic Representatives; Chair, Biostatistics and Computational Biology, University of Rochester
- Jeff Buzas, Chair, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Vermont
- Montserrat Fuentes, Dean, College of Humanities and Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Varghese George, Chair, Department of Population Health Sciences, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University
- Xihong Lin, Chair, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health
- Arnold Stromberg, Chair, Department of Statistics, University of Kentucky; PhD Statistics Department Representative to CAR
- Hao Zhang, Head, Department of Statistics, Purdue University
ASA staff Donna LaLonde and Steve Pierson will also be providing support. Questions can be directed to LaLonde or Pierson.
This two-day workshop complements the half-day annual workshop held the Sunday of JSM. The two-day format allows for - in-depth considerations of selected topics, more discussion, and more time for networking. The Washington, DC location makes it possible to highlight DC-based presenters (e.g., federal research funding representatives). Encouraged by the positive feedback from the 2016 ASA Statistics and Biostatistics Department Chairs Meeting, we are excited to be hosting this workshop.
We hope you will participate in both this workshop and the JSM workshop.