Benefits of starting an ASA student chapter at your school include the following:
- Chapter officer access to the Student Chapter Officers discussion group, connecting officers nationwide
- Access to your own chapter microsite—we can give you the tools to create your own, or we’ll create it for you
- Free ASA membership for your chapter president
- Free items such as T-shirts, caps, and plastic cups with your chapter logo
- Funding to hold social events for your chapter
- Timely information regarding special activities for students at national and local meetings
- Speakers for your chapter meetings
- Great ideas for local program activities from STATtr@k and other ASA websites
There is no cost to start a student chapter at your school, but your
chapter president must be an active member of the ASA. Not already a
member? No problem! We’ll give your president a free annual membership.
Other members of your chapter can join the ASA for only $25 per year.
To start an ASA student chapter at your school, or to affiliate your
existing student chapter with the ASA, the chapter faculty adviser or
chapter president should complete the ASA Student Chapter Application Form (PDF download) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.