Edward C. Bryant Scholarship for an Outstanding Graduate Student in Survey Statistics
University of Michigan
University of Maryland
About the Scholarship
Westat established the Edward C. Bryant Scholarship Trust Fund in 1995 to honor its cofounder and chair emeritus and to help support a student’s graduate education. Under Bryant’s leadership, Westat—an employee-owned statistical firm established in 1961—has grown into one of the world’s leading statistical research corporations serving federal, state, and local governments, as well as businesses and foundations.
One scholarship recipient is selected annually. Honorees receive a certificate and cash prize of $2,500.
Selection of the scholarship recipient is made by the ASA Bryant Scholarship Award Committee based on the following criteria:
- Potential to contribute to survey statistics
- Applied experience in survey statistics
- Performance in graduate school
Applications are due by March 1 and require the following:
- Candidate's CV
- Personal essay (minimum length one page, double-spaced)
- Three reference letters - not to exceed two pages each (academic references preferred)
- All academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
- Candidate’s headshot
Please contact the committee chair.