Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award
No winner chosen for 2017.
About the Award
The Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award was established to recognize members of the media for their presentation of the science of statistics and its role in public life. The award can be given for a single statistical presentation or for sustained worthy contributions to the statistical profession. Honorees receive an engraved award.
The Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award is bestowed upon a distinguished individual based on the following criteria:
- Correctness, clarity, fairness, brevity, and professionalism of communications
- Importance, relevance, and overall effectiveness in affecting the intended audience
- Impact on the growth and national or regional exposure of statistics
- Appreciation for and emphasis of the statistical aspects of a particular issue or event
- Excellent coverage of research on statistics or statistical issues
Award Recipient Responsibilities
The award recipient is responsible for providing a current photograph and general personal information, along with permission to reprint the article in ASA promotional materials the year the award is presented. The American Statistical Association uses this information to publicize the award and prepare the prize.
Nominations are due March 1. Complete and return the nomination form, along with a nominating letter and supporting documents, to the ASA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 732 N. Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
The award is presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings in the same year.
Please contact the committee chair.