ASA’s Newest Public Education Video Explores Employer Demand for Stat-Savvy Data Analysis Professionals
Topping the wish list of employers this holiday season is hiring statistics and data analysis professionals. For the past few years, government data have demonstrated a rise in demand for these skill sets. Now, hear directly from employers about why the demand is so great and how they are filling that demand in “Employers Discuss the Demand for Statisticians,” the latest video in the ASA’s public education campaign, ThisIsStatistics.
We’ve assembled some of the most prominent statisticians and data scientists in government and business, including the following:
- Erica Groshen, commissioner, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Erik Andrejko, head of data science, Climate Corporation
- Aarti Shah, senior vice president and chief information officer, Eli Lilly & Company
- David Morganstein, vice president and director of statistical staff, Westat
- Raghu Ramakrishnan, chief information officer, Microsoft
Watch and learn how employers plan to address the explosion in transforming data into information and information into knowledge!