Student and Early Career Travel Fund
About the Award
The ASA Student and Early Career Travel Fund is supported by member contributions. The purpose of the fund is to encourage students and early-career professionals to become engaged in the statistical community through participation in ASA-sponsored professional meetings. The selection of individuals to support is based on both merit and financial need.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in biostatistics, statistics or data science or have completed a graduate program within five years of the conference date.
- A Student or Early Career member of the ASA in good standing at the time of application.
Award Recipient Responsibilities
The award recipient(s) must:
- Actively participate in the activities of the meeting
- Submit an ASA travel reimbursement form and required supporting documentation
- Submit an essay for STATtr@k describing her/his conference experience
Applications are due at least three months prior to the start of the ASA conference for which the applicant is applying for support. Winners will be announced no longer than two months prior to the conference start date.
Applications must be submitted online through the award fund application form.
Please contact Donna LaLonde.